Barbara’s Cooking Guide: Pork In Wine And Roasted Potato Recipe
I love experimenting with food, but sometimes all it takes for a tasty lunch is a traditional recipe to remind us of the good old days.
Pork loin is one of the most delicious parts of the pork, and if you prepare it properly, it turns out tender and soft.
Roasted potato, on the other side, reminds me of spending holidays with my family.
This combination is something my mother liked to prepare for Sunday lunch, so I cook it whenever I feel nostalgic and homesick. A couple of days ago was one of those days.
I wanted to prepare a meal which would make my mom proud, but I also wanted to add my twist without ruining it. I didn't make too many changes, only slight details when it comes to preparing the roasted potato.
This meal takes relatively long to be cooked, but the preparation time is reasonably short.
So, if you want to tackle it, a lot of cooking will be done while you are washing the dishes or doing some other household chores.
Pork in Wine and Roasted Potato
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Servings: 2 people
- Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the potato and cut in quarters.
- Put one layer of leeks in a casserole, and then place the meat on top of it, and cover with one more layer of leeks.
- Put the casserole in a preheated oven (450 degrees).
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a pot with water and leave to boil.
- After the meat is slightly baked, pour one glass of wine on top of it and put it back into the oven.
- When the potatoes soften up a bit (after 15 minutes or so), dry them out and put them in a baking pan.
- Add salt, powdered garlic, butter and fresh basil to potatoes and put them in a preheated oven.
- Turn the meat pieces a couple of times. The total time of baking is about 50 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven after about 20 minutes. Press each potato mildly with a fork and put them back in the oven for additional ten minutes.
- Serve. 🙂
This meal is really filling, so it is best to avoid eating it for dinner.
If you want to experiment a bit, you can season the potatoes with chilly or add dried bread crumbs to make them more crunchy.