Best Whistling Tea Kettle Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
Barbara's Note: Looking for the best whistling tea kettle on the market? Read Jack’s advice, and you’ll find the perfect one in no time. 🙂
As you know, I am a nutritionist, and my clients often come to me with only one request: “Please don’t take away my coffee.” I’ve heard this sentence more times than I can count.
However, the answer to this “prayer” is not always easy, in some cases, your nutritionist will ask you not to drink coffee, while in other they will encourage you to do so.
Even when I do “torture” my clients this way, I propose an alternative – tea. Believe me; it can be just as delicious and just as energizing.
A few weeks ago, Catherine (yes, our Catherine, Barbara’s and mine blog companion) asked me to help her adjust her diet. Unfortunately, this was one of those cases when I had to say “So, listen, for your health, coffee is a no go – end of discussion.”
She didn’t like my recommendation, but as an exemplary client, she followed every instruction I gave her. So, I decided to buy her a present – the best whistling tea kettle there is. It will look good on her counter, and it will help her grow fond of tea, I hoped.
So, I started my search, and after a few days, I found the perfect one. Catherine was delighted!
That’s when I decided to share my experience with you and help you find the best whistling tea kettle for yourself, or your friends and family members!
What to Look for in the Best Whistling Tea Kettle?
Believe me; I know that finding the best whistling tea kettle for yourself is not an easy task. It might seem simple at first, but there are so many factors that you should pay attention to.
So, to make your decision a little simpler, I will offer you the list of things (along with a short explanation) you should look for. I recommend you to turn this list into a checklist and buy only the best whistling kettle that satisfies all of the requirements.
Let’s dive in!
1. Is it fast enough?
- Some of you might use your new whistling tea kettle to make your favorite tea and relax in the afternoon, while others will heat the water to make coffee in their French press and get energized. Whatever your intentions are, you don’t want your kettle to take forever to start boiling.
- The rule is quite simple - the faster, the better. The best whistling tea kettle should have a wide base, constructed of high-quality materials which will ensure your water is boiled within few minutes.
- You can quickly check the quality of the kettle’s base by giving it a tap with your finger. If it sounds thin, you should probably consider some other model. On the other hand, if the base provides a dull, heavy sound, and the kettle is weighty, you can be sure you are getting a quality tea kettle.
2. Is it safe to use?
- When it comes to kitchen gadgets and utensils, safety should always be a priority. The same goes for whistling tea kettle.
- Many models will have a problem with the handle being as hot as the water inside of the kettle, which can be really inconvenient, dangerous even. You wouldn’t want to reach for the tea kettle and burn your hands, wouldn’t you? This applies to the spout cap too, if it is too hot you won’t be able to open it.
- The best whistling tea kettle should have a handle and spout cap that is cool to touch, no matter the temperature of the water inside of it.
3. How loud is the whistle?
- Well, if your whistling tea kettle doesn’t whistle loud enough, what’s the point? Cheap kettles can have whistles that are weak and quiet. Make sure that your new kettle can produce loud and clear sound, which you will hear from the other side of your house.
4. What about the rust?
- Rust is a just as common problem in tea kettles, as a too hot handle. Since you’ll be boiling water inside of your new utensil, it is logical that, in case it is not made of high-quality materials, it’s going to be prone to rust. This can pose a severe health threat, so make sure to avoid the ones that are not rust and corrosion resistant.
- If you find a kettle that features a design that doesn’t allow you to empty it of the liquid once you are done using it, stay away from it. You should be able to turn your kettle upside down, let it dry and pour every last drop out of it. This is the only way to prevent rusting.
5. What is it made of?
- The best whistling tea kettles are most commonly manufactured from one of the following: Stainless Steel; Copper; Cast Iron. These materials ensure durability and convenience of use.
- Make sure to stay clear from plastic tea kettles or even ceramic ones.
- Also, regarding this point, make sure that your kettle suits different stovetops. The best models on the market can be used safely on electric, gas, and induction stovetops, without any difference.
6. What capacity are you looking for?
- This factor depends strictly on your personal preference and needs. Bigger whistling tea kettles allow you to boil more water at any given time. Most commonly you will come across 2-quart kettles, but if you have a big family, you can even choose a 3-quart one.
Most Recommended Whistling Tea Kettles: Detailed Reviews 2019
Whether you are purchasing a whistling tea kettle for yourself, or as a gift, you can be sure everyone will fall in love with it because it is so darn cute! Mr. Coffee’s Stainless-Steel Whistling 2.3-Quarts Tea Kettle is constructed of solid stainless steel. It will alert you when the water is boiling with its powerful whistle, but you won’t be able to put it in your dishwasher. It also features a useful flip-up spout cover that allows safe and easy pouring.
I love how sturdy this model is. It is well-made, and you don’t have to worry about possible corrosion. A wide base helps this whistling kettle boil much faster. As I mentioned above, it looks adorable; the color is simply magnificent. Also, the whistle is powerful enough for you to hear it in the next room, which is the essential feature of this product.
However, you should watch your hands as the body of the kettle, and its handle become extremely hot. The body is made of thin aluminum, instead of stainless steel which is a bit disappointing. You might have some trouble removing the lid.
Willow & Everett’s durable, high-quality 2.75 Quart whistling kettle is built to last. It is made of premium surgical grade stainless steel so it can withstand dents, corrosion, and scratches.
Additionally, its shiny mirror finish makes it easy to clean. This model comes with a premium tea infuser and a handle and spout lever which are coated in non-slip, soft to the touch silicone, offering ergonomic designed.
As you know, heavyweight tea kettles are often considered to be of the highest quality. So, the weight of this one will definitely suit you. The thing that won me over is how long it can hold heat and keep your water warm. Even after four hours, the water was still warm and ready to use. The whistle is loud, and the kettle works fast.
Unfortunately, this tea kettle’s handle might burn your hands. Also, due to its weight and design, it can be pretty heavy and awkward to hold – to empty it completely you have to hold it almost vertically with the spout cover open, which is a bit tricky.
If you want to avoid burning your hands at all costs Bellemain’s whistling tea kettle is the one you should choose. It is constructed of surgical-grade stainless-steel alloy which is remarkably tough and dishwasher-safe.
You can use it on an electric stove, ceramic, induction, wood, halogen, and gas – pick the one you like the best. Its 9-inch wide base ensures quicker boiling time, while the cool-to-the-touch riveted handle and spout lever with knob keep your hands safe.
The Bellemain’s whistle has an excellent volume, and you will hear it all around your house or apartment. The rubber handles don’t get hot, which is a pleasant surprise as this is a common problem in whistling tea kettles. Also, the spout has an ideal width to offer you easy pouring.
However, you will never succeed to pour all the liquid out of the spout which will cause the interior to start rusting. This kettle offers a great capacity of 2.75 quarts, which means you’ll have to hold it with two hands, which can be quite difficult for people with arthritis or some kind of hand injury.
If you are ready to invest a little more money in a high-quality product, I suggest you to consider purchasing Pykal’s 3 Quart whistling tea kettle. It features the latest Thermal Protection technology, so its handle cools down a few seconds after you turn the stove off.
Also, the ergonomic push-button pouring mechanism allows you to operate your new kitchen utensil efficiently. It has a 5-ply encapsulated base (one iron layer, two aluminum layers wrapped inside of stainless steel) which ensures enhanced heating performance.
I might be a bit spoiled, but I want my tea time to go smoothly, so the tea kettle must perform flawlessly, no hiccups. That is precisely what I got with this model. The handle stays cool, and the push button makes sure the lid opens easily. At the same time, the kettle is fast, loud enough and comes with a one-year warranty!
However, it doesn’t hold heat well, and it is a bit high-maintenance. Also, my dog hates the sound of its whistling, which is something to have in mind if you have pets.
I am sure that some of you are always in the rush and the only thing that matters is that your tea is ready STAT. In that case, this 3 Quarts model might be just what you are looking for.
Its ultra-thin base layer ensures the fastest boil. Also, satin finish gives this whistling tea kettle an aesthetic look, while premium stainless-steel offers durability. This versatile kettle will work on gas, electric and induction stovetops.
First of all, if you decide to buy this model, you will get a solid product and save a few bucks along the way. However, don’t buy this kettle if you are living on your own. It has an impressive capacity which suits large families. Cleverly designed handle ensures cold grip, while large dome opening allows easy filling.
Unfortunately, this is not the sturdiest model on the market. Its bottom is prone to corrosion. Also, due to its size, it might be difficult to maneuver, you will need two hands for that task. The position of the handle makes it a bit hard to clean.
There is no doubt, the winner is: Whistling Tea Kettle with iCool - Handle, Surgical Stainless Steel Teapot for ALL Stovetops. Why is this the best whistling tea kettle on the market, you ask?
Well, even though you will pay a few more bucks to get it, this model will offer you amazing features. Its cold-to-touch handle and easy pouring on the push of the button system are amazing! Also, I love the fact that it comes not with one but two free tea infusers and a one-year warranty.
So, this decision wasn’t that difficult after all. I have one last recommendation for you, get yourself a teapot as well, and you will have the best possible tea time experience! 😉