Best Teapot Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
If you are looking for the best teapot, I’m here to help you find it. There is a variety of teapots on the market, but I will list the best ones out there! I love coffee, but my favorite brew is definitely tea. 🙂
I enjoy my morning rituals, and drinking a cup of scented herbal tea is one of them. It provides me with moments of peace and energy for handling all that the day is about to bring - and it always brings about something stressful.
For this reason I like my tea-drinking ritual to be perfect and organized to the smallest detail.
This is why I need the right tea drinking equipment - to enjoy my cup of bliss to the fullest! A beautiful and practical teapot is therefore a must!
In fact, I think that all the tea lovers need to own the best tea pot available so that they can enjoy every sip of their favorite brew, but also be the envy of their tea-party guests. There is an array of teapots available and you can choose the design, material and brand you like.
You can also join my quest to find the best teapot, I promise I will share many useful information!
The Best Teapot: How to choose one?
1. The material
First of all, you should consider the material the teapot is made of. Your options are the following:
- Porcelain is a traditional and formal choice, but also very sensitive to damage.
- Ceramic is a bit more modern choice but can also appear rustic or casual depending on the design you choose. It is generally easy to maintain.
- Glass teapots generally look very modern and feature a clean design. Most of them are made from heat-resistant glass that can even be stove-top safe so that you can always have your tea hot. They are very fragile though and must be handled with care.
- Cast iron teapots are of Japanese origin, but they are very popular throughout the entire world. There are numerous designs to choose from. Their best asset is the ability to preserve heat and keep your tea hot quite long. The interior should be enamel coated as to prevent the oxidation of the cast iron.
- Stoneware teapots are maybe the most durable choice. They are very easy to clean too - simply wipe them clean or put them in your dishwasher. Make sure that the stoneware teapot you are buying is lead-free though.
2. The design
- From ultra-modern to rustic - the design you choose will depend solely on your personal sense of style and preference. There are numerous option to choose from in all price ranges - so let your imagination guide you!
3. The capacity
Are you a lone tea drinker, or you rather throw big tea parties for your friends and family?
- The answer to this question will guide you in the right direction when it comes to choosing the right size of the teapot you need to buy. I personally prefer the teapots that are neither too small nor too big. In this way, I can enjoy my tea when I am alone, but with a couple of my best friends as well.
4. The functionality
- Some teapots are more decorative than practical, and if you are a tea lover such as I am you will not appreciate that. As far as I am concerned, it is better to opt for a teapot that will be functional as well as beautiful.
- For example, there are teapots that are heat-resistant and stovetop-safe, or those that can be used not only to serve the tea but also to brew it and release the infused tea straight into your cup thanks to the removable infusers. You should also choose the one that will not leak while you pour tea, but also be easy to clean and maintain.
5. The price
- From the hand-painted porcelain works of art, to the low budget glass or ceramic teapots you can buy in the supermarket - there is something for you and whatever budget you might have! Believe me the choice is so great that you are sure to find something that will fit your personal needs and your wallet too.
- In my humble opinion, you should not go all out for a teapot. After all, it can break, dent, scratch, or you can simply get bored with it after a while. The best teapot needs not be the most expensive one, but rather the one that will satisfy your needs and look good on your table.
The Most Recommended Teapot In 2019: My Choice and Honest Reviews
The material of this teapot is one of the best cooking materials ever invented. Cast iron may be old-fashioned, but will evenly distribute the heat and retains it while bringing out all the delicious tea flavor.
This unit’s enamel exterior not only provides a decorative touch to your tea making, but it also helps prevent rust. The interior is fully enameled as well, so it allows for easy care and cleaning.
As this teapot includes a stainless steel infuser, you can use either your favorite loose-leaf herbal teas or tea bags, and it will fit perfectly inside the vessel.
The design itself is breathtaking if you enjoy exquisite vintage floral pattern designs. This one is very reminiscent of Japanese cherry blossoms so if you enjoy the traditional Japanese tea-drinking culture, you would love the look of this teapot.
I like this size as it fits the needs of my family. If you fill this teapot up, it can hold 4 cups of tea. My previous teapot was smaller, about 25oz, and both of my sons and I enjoy it very much, but that teapot was small even for the three of us. The Primula teapot is just the right size for your family’s needs.
Another plus with this teapot is that the spout tip is bent downwards - this is the best option if you want to enjoy your tea without making a mess.
On the other hand, I am disappointed that you must pour hot water into the pot and use it only for steeping - this teapot can’t go on the stove which is a huge flaw when we talk about practicality.
The price/value ratio is probably the lowest of what is available on the market, and with this pot, you could enjoy your family moments with a beautiful, excellent quality teapot with a touch of Japanese culture.
This teapot is made with heat-resistant borosilicate glass which the manufacturer designed thicker so it could fit in your everyday tea drinking routine. The entirety of this teapot is handcrafted and has a non-dripping spout and an open round handle.
As it's made of glass, this teapot looks elegant and modern but doesn't have any specific details or decorations, so if you enjoy a beautifully patterned teapot, this might be a flaw for you.
Functionality wise, this teapot is stellar as it can be placed on the stovetop as well as in the microwave. The size is also more than satisfying, at 45-ounces this is enough for a larger group of people at tea parties.
The Hiware pot also has a two-year warranty so if you are scared of glass construction you are guaranteed it will hold up or you will get a refund, which is always a bonus.
The glass is dishwasher safe, so this is a significant advantage with this teapot.
With a two year guarantee and an exceptional value, this teapot would be an excellent gift for any occasion or a nice addition to your kitchen.
The material of this Lenox teapot is a double-edged sword. The teapot is made of chip-resistant white porcelain, which is one of the most elegant materials for teapots and kitchen utensils in general. On the other hand, porcelain is extremely fragile, and the smallest bumps can break it.
US tea lovers enjoy a good teapot design almost as much as we enjoy a good cup of tea, and with this teapot, the design is very much a plus for the manufacturer.
Covered in florals and butterflies in lovely colors, the Lenox teapot is breathtakingly stunning, especially when you look at the lid with garden-inspired imagery and butterfly handle at the top. This teapot might be one of the most beautiful I have ever seen!
Another strength for this teapot is its capacity - it can take up more than 5 cups of tea, which is more than enough for regular daily usage, but also enough for some tea parties. Of course, if you enjoy drinking tea by yourself, you might not find this teapot functional enough, mostly because it can not go on a stove. However, the manufacturer claims it's microwave and dishwasher safe, so that might be a good alternative.
Even though this teapot isn't as affordable as some other ones, one thing you have to take into consideration is that it's covered by Lenox's lifetime replacement policy. Sounds like a bargain after all!
The FORLIFE Curve teapot is made of porcelain, but also has a built-in stainless-steel tea infuser which gives you an even steep every time, and you can enjoy your tea to the fullest. The teapot is also lead-free and can go into the dishwasher, but you can't put it on flame or any heating element.
The design is nothing spectacular - if you like simplicity, then this might be the choice for you.
The FORLIFE teapot doesn't have any patterns - it's entirely decorated with only one color. The good thing, however, is that there is a variety of colors to choose from, so it can fit into anyone's taste.
One of the flaws that most reviewers complain about is the size of the teapot. If you like to drink a lot of tea or have anyone join you for your afternoon cup, you might be in trouble with this teapot.
At 24oz, it holds just about 2 regular-sized teacups. It's so small that it fits in the palm of your hand and you can easily use it with only one hand.
This teapot doesn't have a warranty, but it's quite affordable and people truly love it. If you enjoy your alone time, this teapot might just be the right choice for you.
The RSVP teapot is made of a sturdy stoneware one-piece construction. As I mentioned previously, stoneware is probably the most durable choice, and it's easy to clean. It's also important to say that this teapot is lead-free.
The design itself is traditional and classy but doesn't have any decorations. However, the teapot is glazed from the inside and out, which is a nice detail, and the manufacturer offers a variety of colors to choose from.
If you like to go big, I have great news for you! The RSVP teapot is a giant that comfortably holds 6 cups of tea, so if you're looking for a teapot adequate for a group of people, you might just found one. However, if these aren't your needs, you might want to go for a smaller one. This teapot is huge!
The functionality of this teapot resembles all ceramic or stoneware teapots, as it can't go on the stove or a heating instrument, but the manufacturer claims it's dishwasher and microwave safe. However, you might want to keep away from both of those, because long-time stoneware users strongly recommend it.
This teapot is extremely affordable, and the value/cost ratio is stellar. If you want a durable and large teapot at a low price, this might be what you're looking for.
And the best teapot is…
I will take the freedom to proclaim the Hiware Glass Teapot the best teapot currently on the market. The competition was extreme, but the Hiware teapot won me over with its high functionality and value/cost ratio.
As the only one from this list that can be placed directly on fire or any heating element, this teapot has a significant advantage for all of us that are always on the go and in a hurry.
The modern design is nowadays even more popular than the traditional one, and with the incredibly low price, this teapot had to be my number one choice.
I hope I helped you with your search for the best teapot, and if you have any other questions, feel free to contact me anytime. 🙂