Best Long Slot Toaster Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
Hello everyone! My husband and I have just returned from our vacation, so now I am full of energy and ready to share new things with you. If you want a good-quality toaster and a great value-cost ratio, I am here to help you find the best long slot toaster on the market.
We decided to take a small break from eating the regular, everyday things, especially for breakfast. In the apartment we were at there was a toaster which we used every single day to freshen up our diet and change it up a bit.
I was amazed by this kitchen appliance and how practical it can be if you are looking for something to eat on the go, or preparing a nice breakfast for you or your family. That is how I came up with the idea of sharing my best long slot toaster list with you.
If you are interested in hearing more, stick with me, and we will find one just for you in no time! 🙂
What is a long slot toaster?
If you struggle with fitting your favorite bread into your small toaster, or you love home baking and want to experiment more, long slot toaster might be the thing you need. These are toasters that are at least 14 inches long, but often even more.
There are many reasons why more people look for precisely this kind of toasters, as there are numerous advantages opposed to a small toaster that can hold only a specific size of bread and is usually used for that purpose only.
On the other hand, a toaster that is too big can’t be practically utilized every day for toasting bread or making breakfast.
That's why a long slot toaster has the best of both worlds and is becoming more popular each day. Of course, some are better than others, but I'm here to crack the mystery box when it comes to shopping for the best long slot toaster!
What to look for in the best long slot toaster?
- One of the most important things about this kind of a kitchen appliance is its variability. All the ways you can use the given product directly influences how vital and valuable it can be in your kitchen. That's why you should always consider searching these features and options first, so you would know if the toaster is worth buying or not.
- The best long slot toasters are those that have many functions for cooking and preparing food, such as defrosting options, reheating, preparing various meals, and not just toasting bread. These are the things that can prevail when it comes to your final decision.
- Another thing you might want to consider is whether or not the toaster has a one-slice feature, or it offers only the two separated slots. This can be valuable for bagels, for example.
You May Need: A Bread Knife
- For me, practicality is one of the crucial things in the kitchen. I am sure that this is an absolute must for many of you guys as well, especially if you are always busy and don't want to spend much time cleaning up.
- In the case of long slot toasters, it's important to know everything about electricity concerns, automatic on-off power options, and advice from the manufacturer on how you keep your product safe for use.
- Another thing is, of course, is the crumb tray (which usually comes with the toaster) dishwasher safe or not, and is it removable. I am one of those women who praise the inventors of the dishwasher, and I'm not a fan of hand-washing anything. Even if I were, I probably wouldn't have time to do it! The dishwasher option isn't crucial when it comes to long slot toasters, but I consider it a significant bonus.
3. Size and weight
- As this is one of those appliances that usually stay on the kitchen counter, you would want your toaster not bulky and not holding up much space in your kitchen.
- On the other hand, If you don't have any space to spare and decide to move your long slot toaster around, the weight is also a factor to consider.
- In either case, size and weight are both important and go together. If a toaster is lightweight, it probably won't be bulky, and you could easily choose either option - to put it away or to keep it in the open.
4. Material and appearance
- The material is usually something that I look at first, but in this case, it's not crucial because there aren't many options, to begin with.
- All long slot toasters I've tried and used were stainless steel or aluminum, with a possible addition of plastic to the exterior. Both materials mostly act the same, although my personal favorite is stainless steel.
- The reason I'm talking about material and appearance at the same time is that almost none of the toasters are decorated in any way, so the material is the thing that determines the appearance of your kitchen appliance. If the toaster has a plastic exterior, it will usually be colored.
- Of course, this might not be important if you plan to store away your toaster, but if you want to keep it on the counter at all times, you surely want it to look good.
- With all the electric kitchen appliances and gadgets, having a warranty is crucial, and it gives you a sense of security in the manufacturer and the product. I always provide an advantage to those toasters that have at least a 1-year warranty in case anything goes wrong (and with electricity, you truly never know).
Most Recommended long slot toasters: Detailed Reviews 2019
I suppose that now you have a more transparent image of what you need, and what you are looking for. Let's hop into the fun stuff now and take a detailed course on the best long slot toasters on the market!
This toaster easily fits extra-long, extra-wide slices of bread and bagels, as it doesn't limit you to the standard two slots on both sides. I also tried to make toast sandwiches at they came out great.
One of the additional features of the Hamilton beach toaster is the optional keep warm setting, which keeps your toast warm for three extra minutes in the slots. When set, a beep will sound when the toast is finished. However, the automatic warm mode can be turned on and off.
The toaster also has individual buttons for Bagels and Defrost. Use the "Bagels" options to toast only the cut side, and "Defrost" for thawing or toasting frozen bread or waffles.
There is also a cool-wall feature which keeps the toaster cool on the outside despite the high temperatures inside, so you don't need to worry about accidentally burning yourself. What I didn't like about this toaster is that it always seemed TOO hot on the inside, or at least that was my experience. Somehow it almost always burned my toast unless I checked it every couple of seconds.
This attractive toaster is made of stainless steel and comes with illuminated buttons for easy view. The dimensions of the toaster are 15.8 x 7.5 x 7.8 inches, and it weighs only 5.82 pounds which makes it easy for storing away and ensures that this toaster is slim and elegant-looking.
Another thing that makes this toaster practical is that the cord wrap is on the bottom for clutter-free storage, so if you're low on kitchen space, you might like this.
Unfortunately, the manufacturer doesn't offer any warranty for this long slot toaster, so if you historically have any trouble with electronic devices, you might be turned away by this.
The Oster long slot toaster is made of stainless steel, but also has some smaller plastic parts and has a quite modern, sleek look to it. This product offers a variety of options, such as dual auto-adjusting bread guides, which adjust to bread thickness for even toasting.
There are also seven toast shade settings which go from light to dark, and it's a part of the advanced toasting technology that, allegedly, ensures consistent results.
Another thing worth mentioning is the "Warmer" and "Bagel" buttons. The warmer button heats up your bread without actually toasting it- it just keeps it warm.
The bagel button is, of course, meant for bagels that are traditionally toasted on one side only.
However, I was disappointed with this feature because it didn't do what it was supposed to. Both sides of the bagel get toasted, not just one. So, this long slot toaster might be a good choice for you if you're not a big fan of bagels and you need a toaster for bread only.
When it comes to the practicality, this toaster gives us mixed feelings - the crumb tray that comes with it is removable and dishwasher-safe, which ensures easy cleaning.
On the other hand, the toaster doesn't have a retractable cord (which essentially isn't necessary), but the cable itself is quite short, so you might have a problem with finding a right place for it.
The size and weight of this toaster isn't anything you should worry about. At 6.5 x 16 x 7.5 inches, and a weight of only 4.77 pounds, this long slot toaster should be easy to store away or fit anywhere on your kitchen counter.
The last, but not the least important thing, is the warranty. The Oster long slot toaster comes with a 1-year warranty, so if you have any problems with the product, you can quickly return it or get it replaced.
If you love a good-old retro look, this long slot toaster could be a jackpot for you. This incredibly sleek-looking, slim, black toaster by Dash is stunning. What's unusual is that its exterior is entirely plastic - which isn't something you see often, but it doesn't change anything related to the quality of this product.
This toaster has some exciting features, such as a see-through glass window that enables you to track the color and degree of toasting, even though there are already seven browning options to fit your taste.
There are also the bagels, defrost and reheat options, and an auto shut-off feature that genuinely gives you a feeling of extra security, and you don't need to worry about forgetting to shut off this electronic kitchen appliance, or it overheating.
I used this long slot toaster for various baked goods, and I never had any issues with it, so if you want a toaster that you can experiment with, you might find this one particularly interesting.
The crumb tray and glass window slide out for quick and easy cleanup, they are both dishwasher-safe, and the outer surface is also easy to take care of, which makes this long slot toaster highly practical.
The cord is also well-placed on the bottom of the device, so you should have no trouble storing it away or placing the toaster directly against the wall. The size and weight are satisfying as well, as the toaster weighs only 4.4 pounds, and its dimensions are 16 x 8 x 5.8 inches.
To spice things up at the end, I must add that this long slot toaster has a 1-year warranty, so you can be at peace if anything goes wrong.
The KitchenAid toaster is a sleek-looking long slot toaster with extra-wide slots (1.5 inches). The construction is all metal, in this case, zink, which I don't have much experience with, but the quality seemed excellent.
The manufacturer gives you a three-color choice, and I am amazed by how beautiful they all look. This is a small detail that can provide a special note to your kitchen. Truth be told, this toaster might be one of the most enchanting ones I have ever seen.
The features of this toaster are nothing out of the ordinary - there is the standard combination of bagel, defrost and reheat options, as well as the "keep warm" option and seven shade settings. The important thing is seeing how these options actually work.
From my experience, I was delighted with the versatility this toaster gives. This is absolutely not meant for only toasting bread - I even made some tortillas and put it in this toaster, and they were terrific, and my whole family loved it.
The crumb tray is removable and easy to clean - it works by the "push first" mechanism, and then it slides out. It's very well hidden, so it doesn't affect the general aesthetic of the toaster. However, it's not dishwasher safe.
Probably one of the most significant flaws of this toaster is its bulkiness. At 7.7 x 16.5 x 8 inches, this one doesn't seem too big compared to other toasters, but its roundish, bulky design and the weight of 6.2 make it slightly oversized. Of course, this might be irrelevant for some, but many people struggle with finding a good place for their long slot toaster.
The good thing is that this toaster has an under base cord storage, which is a practical feature if you need more storage space or you want to put the toaster near the wall without the cable laying around on your counter.
I was disappointed that this toaster doesn't come with a warranty, although you can purchase a three or four-year protection program for a few dollars.
This toaster is slightly unusual in comparison to the rest of the long slot toasters from this list. But, don't let it fool you. The only actual difference is that this one is taller but significantly more narrow than the usual toasters.
The BLACK+DECKER long slot toaster has extra-wide toasting slots for thick bread, bagels, waffles, muffins... You name it. It doesn't offer too many options, but it has the essential ones, like the standard seven browning levels, bagels and defrosting. The downside is that there is no way to tell if the bagel and frozen features are on or off as there is no feedback when you push the buttons.
Another thing I need to mention is that I've noticed that the exterior can heat up quite a bit, so you should be careful especially if you have kids who like to run around and touch everything like my boys were!
This toaster has a crumb tray, but it isn't removable (it just opens up), so you wouldn't be able to put it in the dishwasher. However, you can still easily clean it and get rid of the crumbs.
The exterior of this long slot toaster is plastic, with some metal accents, and it honestly makes the toaster look more expensive than it is. The design is satisfying, and the unusual shape makes it an eye-catcher.
Even if I tried to, I wouldn't be able to find a more lightweight toaster than this one. At only 2.7 pounds this toaster is extremely easy to store away without any problems, and the dimensions are satisfying as well, at 8.6 x 9.1 x 12.3 inches. It doesn't take up much space, and I feel like every kitchen can find the tiny bit of space for this long slot toaster.
The thing that surprised me the most was that this toaster has a 2-year warranty. I would expect it not to have any warranty considering the low price, but this proves that the manufacturer is confident about the product.
And the best long slot toaster is…
For more than two decades that I've been in the kitchen, I have tried thousands of kitchen appliances. I know how frustrating it can be when you spend money on a product that doesn't perform well, so I always do my best to find the best one for you.
With all my heart, I recommend all of you the Dash long slot toaster.
After trying all of these toasters (and each has certain advantages), I concluded that the Dash toaster has the best value and cost ratio and it can perform every function at a high level.
This is the toaster that I recently purchased for my own home, and I have only the warmest recommendations for it.
I hope you found this helpful and that you will find a toaster that fits your needs. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to talk more.