Best Iced Tea Maker Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
During the summer, no beverage is as popular in my house as iced tea. Before I discovered iced tea maker, it took me way too much time to brew it and then chill it enough to turn it into iced tea.
To spare you the trouble I had to go through, I’ve searched the market for the best iced tea maker, and today I’m going to share my findings with you, together with some tips on how to choose the perfect model for your needs.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Iced Tea Maker
If you’ve been following my posts for some time now, you’re probably aware that I’m always looking for new and improved kitchen appliances that would make the time I spend in the kitchen a lot easier.
There are a few tips I picked up along those everlasting market searches that can assure you always buy the most suitable appliance for your personal needs; read carefully, and soon you’ll become an expert at picking out a unit that will fit right in with the rest of your kitchen.
Of course, since today we’re talking about iced tea makers, I’m going to adjust these tips to suit our topic perfectly and help you choose the best one.
See Also: Best Ice Cube Trays
1. How Often Do You Plan on Using It
- We’d all like to be the best possible versions of ourselves – that’s why a lot of people periodically announces they’re quitting sodas and starting to drink unsweetened ice tea.
- But before you spend money on a more serious iced tea maker, be honest with yourself – how often are you planning on making it and for how many people? Sometimes it’s better to scale down and buy a one-cup-at-a-time model.
2. Size and Capacity
- Consider the available space you have in your kitchen for storing an iced tea maker; this is an appliance that will be on your counter every day, so make sure it’s not going to take up too much space.
- Also, there’s no point in buying an oversized unit if you’re not that big on iced tea. I always recommend getting a smaller appliance that offers better performance.
See Also: Best Water Bottle
3. Ease of Use
- Over the years, I’ve learned that units with all the bells and whistles aren’t necessarily the best choice for everyone – sometimes you need to prioritize ease of use. What good is an iced tea maker with a complicated setup and tons of options if you probably won’t figure out half of them?
- Keep it simple, get an appliance that will give you your desired beverage without requiring you to have an engineering degree to set it up and use it.
4. Is It Dishwasher Safe
- Look for a unit with dishwasher-safe parts if you want to enjoy the freshness of iced tea without having to hand-wash all the parts of the appliance afterward. Pay close attention to the material the lid, and the pitcher is made of; it’s always best to get a glass pitcher if that’s an option.
- In case the appliance you have your eye on isn’t dishwasher safe, at least make sure it’s simple enough to take it apart and clean it.
5. Additional Features
Besides the basic ones that I’ve already mentioned, here are some added things that will make the entire process more user-friendly:
- Automatic shut-off feature – This is mostly a safety, rather than a convenience feature, that I always look for in all my electric appliances – and you should, too.
- Capability to brew coffee – If you’re going to buy an iced tea maker, try to find one that you can use as a coffee brewer, too – it will save you a lot of valuable counter space if you get a two-in-one model.
- Suitable for both loose and bagged tea – This is a nice additional feature for those who plan on sharing the tea maker with other family members because that way everyone can prepare the type of tea they prefer.
- Airtight lid to prevent leaking – If you plan on taking the pitcher to a picnic or storing it overnight in the fridge, it’s always better to have an airtight lid on it than to have to remove tea stains.
- Adjustable brewer strength – It’s always nice to not have to settle for a determined brew strength; you should find a model that allows you to adjust it according to your taste.
6. How Much Will It Cost You
- A lot of people ask me how I pick my kitchen appliances – do I go for the quality or price. The truth is, I don’t like to prioritize one over another and always try to find the perfect balance.
- My advice to you is to set a budget – determine how much you’re willing to spend on an iced tea maker – and go from there. Find the best products that fall in the range of what you consider affordable; that way, you'll avoid choosing a product that would require you to stretch your budget way too much.
See Also: Best Matcha Green Tea Powders
Most Recommended Iced Tea Makers – Barbara’s Reviews 2019
Now that we’ve gone through the features you should look for; I’d like to present to you the top five iced tea makers I found on the market and want to recommend to you.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use iced tea maker that will give you your favorite beverage in no time, I’d suggested you get the Mr. Coffee TM70.
Everything I’ve mentioned previously – all the essential features an appliance like this needs to have for me to consider it as one of the best – is combined in this simple model.
The pitcher has a 3-quarter capacity, which makes it ideal for big families or for those who often like to organize gatherings such as pool parties, for example.
Another great thing about the pitcher, except its size, is the fact that it’s dishwasher safe, so that’s one less thing to worry about. Believe me, after hosting a party, the fact that you don’t have to hand-wash the pitcher will seem like a big deal.
The unit comes with an automatic shut-off feature, which is a huge plus when you’re dealing with electric appliances; in case you need to stop the brewing process immediately, there also an On/Off button.
Overall, this is an excellent, convenient unit that will make your iced tea in about 10 minutes; on top of that, it doesn’t cost a fortune. It’s actually on the lower end of the price range for this kind of kitchen appliances and one of the cheapest ones on the market.
The feature that sets this model apart from the others on my list is the Flash Chill Technology – you’ll have 8 cups of tea cold and ready to be served in a matter of minutes.
Even though it’s a bit taller than the average unit, which might make it hard to store it in the fridge in the standing position, the airtight lid allows you to lay it on its side. If you tighten the cap properly, I can almost guarantee you there will be no spills whatsoever.
Another great thing about having a lid that closes as tight as this one does is the fact that you can leave the left-over iced tea in the fridge overnight and when you come back to it in the morning, it will remain as fresh as the moment you prepared it.
On top of that, this is a budget-friendly iced tea maker that falls in the lower end of the price range. To be honest, this two-in-one appliance might be one of my personal favorites. In case you’re looking to buy a high quality iced tea maker that can occasionally act as an iced coffee maker, but you’re on a tight budget, I strongly recommend you to consider this one.
Even though it has a 2-quarter capacity, the pitcher will easily fit in your refrigerator door thanks to its slim design.
Since this is essentially a tea maker, it’s good to know that the brew strength is adjustable – you can go for weak, mild or strong; on top of that, you can choose from using tea bags or loose tea, depending on which one you prefer.
As an additional safety feature, the unit will automatically shut off once the brewing cycle is done – and if you know me, you know I always look for this feature in all my electric appliances.
Overall it’s a solid iced tea maker. If you’re interested, act fast and get it.
What’s interesting about this particular model is the glass pitcher, because to me it seems to be both an advantage and a disadvantage at the same time.
While I always recommend a glass pitcher because they don’t stain as plastic does – and believe me, tea will leave tons of stains – and this one has a nice, classic shape, there is an issue that I need to mention – it doesn’t come with a lid.
If you don’t plan on storing it in the fridge overnight, then this won’t be a problem.
Since the unit has an open design, you could probably try using a different pitcher if no lid is a deal-breaker for you.
Other than that, the filter basket allows you to use this iced tea maker for both loose and bagged tea, giving you an opportunity to choose the one you prefer instead of having to adapt to the unit’s capabilities.
Also, for all you tea-enthusiasts out there, the brew strength can be adjusted to suit your personal preferences further.
It does cost a bit more than some other units I’ve included on this list, but with all the appealing features and a classic design of the glass pitcher, I think it would be money well spent.
That has to be one of the most stylish and modern-looking iced tea makers I’ve ever seen; I just adore its design.
Although the lack of handle means the unit won’t take up as much space – on the counter or in the fridge, on the other hand, sometimes I feel like a pitcher would be easier to hold if there were one.
I wouldn’t say this is a real disadvantage; it’s more of a minor inconvenience. Since the handle is gone, better grip and easier handling of the pitcher are assured by the silicone cover.
Did I forget to mention the multipurpose nature of this appliance?
Not only is it capable of preparing iced tea, but this unit can also make iced coffee, and you can use it as a fruit infuser; by getting this Cawabon model, you’re buying a three-in-one appliance.
Also, I’d like to mention the package it gets delivered in – it’s rather fancy, and with the two added silicone coasters, this can be a great gift idea for a friend or a family member that shares your enthusiasm for tea and coffee.
Which One Is The Best?
I believe each one of these iced tea makers has something amazing to offer, so it’s tough to say which one’s the best – they all are in their way.
After the careful research I’ve done, I chose the Airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker - Iced Coffee & Iced Tea Maker as the best iced tea maker on the market.
I know I had some complaints about the lack of handle, but that’s what gives it its particular charm.
The best thing is it’s more than an iced tea maker – it can make iced coffee, and you can use it as a fruit infuser.
Essentially, you get a three-in-one kitchen appliance for the price of one. 😉