Best Electric Fillet Knife Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
With no matter how much time I put into sharpening and preparing the blade of the knife for cutting the meat, it seems to me that the task is almost impossible. Every single slice of meat or fillet looks that I’ve had target practice with my knife, and after I’m over you just can’t tell who looks more desperate – me or the meat.
On the other side, when I look at the finesse of the meat man’s mastery at the fish market I think that before me is an piece of the art.
The move of the hand, the blow of the blade looks that the wind is doing the job.
Soon enough I’ve learned that there is a way to improve my mastery and therefore I wanted to buy the best electric fillet knife.
Throughout this article, I’ll share with you everything you need to know about this necessary kitchen utensil.
Why should you look for electric knife?
At the start, we all know that any gadget comes with the best mark on it, and it is advertised as the ultimate utensil that will move and shake your world. Indeed, I have so many different tools and tiny machines that are there to aid me, but I just don’t use them, or I don’t know how to operate with them.
But when it comes down to meat preparation, the typical things that you need to have are an excellent blade and patience.
Yes, this is correct but even if you have the best and sharpest knife on the market that doesn’t mean that you will cut the meat accurately. (e.g, meat cleaver)
Although the manual filleting looks like a lot of fun and the opportunity to show your skills, still you will experience some tough times when filleting the flesh.
It takes some serious practice on a daily basis before you can say that you become an expert for filleting, but since we are talking about speed and efficiency, there is no shame in using an assistive tool.
I will be the first to admit that I am no master chef, but if I want to do something, I will do it correctly.
So, owning and using the electric fillet knife has its upsides, and of course some downsides.
See Also: Best Knife Block Reviews
Know your tool - Your Electric Fillet Knife
Before I move to actual products, there is some essential info that you must know when deciding to buy the electric fillet knife.
This info is important and very common to any tool because since you want to buy this utensil, indeed you need to buy the best one from the market which will serve you on many occasions and for a long time.
Cord or battery
- All electric knives are split into these two categories. They have the same function, but the difference is where you will be using the electric knife. If you like to spend some time fishing on the river or lake, the cordless electric knife could be the best option for you. This product will come with a powerful lithium battery and additional storage. Therefore, if you enjoy the taste of the fresh meat, the cordless electric knife will fit your needs. They are strong, endurable and versatile gadgets that have passed many field tests.
- On the other hand, if you aim to use the electric knife mostly at home, then the cord variant may be the choice for you. Remember, cord or cordless – it doesn’t matter. Both options are great, but it is the best to know and decide where you will use the knife frequently.
Power, unlimited POWER
- The importance of this feature related to the kitchen tools is something that I’ve learned from my parents. It is pretty much simple, as the gadget come with more power, it will handle any type of situation easily. Nothing is different when it comes down to the electric knife.
- The first benefit related to the power supply is the ability to cut through the hardest ingredients. If the fish has large and thick bones, nothing will stop the rampage of the electric knife because the more power that the blade receives the more torque it will provide. Very simple and fun.
- Further, you have to understand that when using the electric knife the tool is providing the force and power for the cutting – your job is to take care of direction and movement of the blade. Another benefit of using this particular tool is that it really acquires minimum effort to operate, so if you have any kind of arthritis condition you won’t experience tough time while using.
Many products will come with adjustable speed so this feature can come in very handy because it will provide more control over the machine.
It’s shiny, it’s metal
- The electric knife consists of the motor but it also needs robust and durable blade that must endure the cutting through the thickest meat or bone.
- The stainless steel is the best option available at the market. Also, it is very easy to clean and maintain since it is very resistant to rust and corrosion.
- But, related to the blade, the electric knife must have flexibility. When you take the knife and start working with the meat you will need power and strength on one side and the precision on the other side. Therefore, if you want to get the fine looking fillets you should look for the knife that comes with the flexible blade.
barbara finds the best electric fillet knife for you - Reviews 2019
So far throughout the article I’ve covered the basics of the electric knife world. Now you are ready for the next step my young apprentice.
In the text below you will discover the reviews of the best five electric fillet knives that I’ve picked from the market.
On the contrary to the other model from the same manufacturer, this Rapala Heavy Duty electric knife comes with an 8-foot long cord which will fit any 110V power outlets. I think that the manufacturer was looking forward and provided us with both options, which is very thoughtful.
Further, the stainless steel blade is 7.5 inches long and so far I can say that you will get the best and desirable results with no matter how large is the fish. One more thing, the manufacturer did one step further and gave you the ability to purchase additional blades of different sizes that will fit your needs.
This electric knife feels very comfortable in hand, and thanks to excellent airflow and powerful motor, you can use it for hours with no care will the tool get hot. However, it seems that the blade feels a bit stiff and that you will hardly get any flexibility.
Probably there is no product on the market that could compete with the American Angler PRO electric knife regarding power and accessories that you will get if you choose this utensil.
The output power provides twice more the torque than any other product out there, and with thanks to the Superior Drive Train Technology you will cut and slice any, and I mean ANY meat and bone.
Excellent airflow system gives this electric knife the ability to perform smoothly and efficiently with no chance of containing the leftovers and odors that could lead to corrosion and rust.
While being a relatively new product on the market, the American Angler PRO is a costly electric knife. But, with the price comes to the quality and variety of add-ons.
This utensil comes with five different blades that you can use while working on the saltwater or freshwater fish; the ventilated bag is there to store the knife after you’re done and finally the protective mesh glove.
The blades are very flexible, and you won’t experience any hard time while working on the hardest ingredients. Finally, the eight-foot-long electrical cord will make walking around the kitchen very easy.
The name Mister Twister is present in the market for a long time and appears that it is considered to be the legendary product in the world of electric knives. But, to catch up with the today's needs of the customers, this product was a bit modified.
This product comes with the two blades option, either 7.5 or 9 inches and believe me they are sharp. Instead of talking about why the sharp blade is essential for your needs I will tell you that when the blade becomes dull, there is no way that you will or can sharpen it – you will need to buy the new one.
On the other side, the replacement blades are cheap, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
If I’ve understood it correctly, this product will serve me for two years with no need of changing the blades, and the 120V motor will provide precise cuts with no matter how the fish is big.
Although this electric knife represents the best choice for filleting newcomers, it is huge and heavy so you may have some tough time working around in the kitchen.
Finally, however it may sound strange or odd, it is the best that you don’t use this knife in water or any wet conditions.
Beside the PRO series, the company also has to offer the classic solution when choosing the best electric knife.
Yes, it is a bit cheaper than the PRO product, but it still comes with impressive abilities.
Although it doesn’t have so much power like the American Angler PRO electric knife, it even provides 1.5 percent of torque than any other utensil from the same category.
The open air vents on this electric knife are there to reduce any heating from the motor while it’s running which is excellent especially if you need the tool to work for some long time.
Although it comes with two additional blades that you can quickly change, you can also use any other blade that comes from this manufacturer.
And if you are fishing enthusiast like me, merely pack this electric knife when you go outdoors and make some beautiful looking fillets no matter if the fish comes from the salt or freshwater.
Have in mind that this useful utensil comes from the company which understands the passion for fishing and all their products are in fact the reflection of the fisherman knowledge.
My final pick is the electric fillet knife that uses lithium ion battery as a power source.
Although you may think that this won’t be the right option because it can’t provide constant power supply – you are wrong.
This electric wonder provides more than 80 minutes of consistent torque, and that comes from only one charging. And when the battery exhausts, after two hours of charging it is ready to slice the meat with the same force and enthusiasm as before.
The product comes with two batteries and the 110V wall charger.
When you take this electric knife in your hand, you will feel that it is robust and yet comfortable.
Further, you have two blades option – 6 inches and 7, 5 inches which you can use both in salt or freshwater. The blade is sharp, durable and what is the most important – it is very flexible.
However, there are reports that the blade gets stuck with the body of the knife making it very hard to replace.
Honestly, I am impressed how this kitchen utensil is a sophisticated tool, and at some point, I wanted to get every single one of them.
But, it is the best that I don’t get carried away and spend my life savings on the electric knife collection.
So, I’ve decided to get along with the Rapala Lithium Ion Cordless electric knife.
Well, I do like fishing, but I do go to the river with my hubby to catch some fish from time to time.
This product seems like the best solution due to its maneuverability and versatility, just – no additional cord in my life, please.
Also, the price is understandable since this is a long lasting product that will serve me (and you) for many years to come. 🙂