Best Coffee Tumbler Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
Are you tired of spilling your coffee on the go? Stick with me, and I will help you go through some of the best coffee tumblers on the market!
How many times did you want to have a cup of warm coffee on the go, but you didn't have an adequate tumbler that won't spill? As I'm always on the move and in a hurry; this has been my problem for the longest time. I just couldn't find the coffee tumbler I was always looking for.
Just the other day I was rushing to work, and I had several bags with me. One of the bags there was my current favorite coffee tumbler (no, I'm not going to jinx it), filled. I remember running and thinking to myself that it will be a miracle if my coffee doesn't spill.
Well, guess what - there wasn't a single drop spilled.
That is how I came up with the idea of writing on this topic because I know so many of you struggle with this. If you are interested in finding the best coffee tumbler for your needs, stick with me, and I will quickly go through some of the best I've tried.
What is a coffee tumbler and why is it so practical?
If you're somehow not yet informed about coffee tumblers, let me open the doors of paradise for you. A coffee tumbler is a special kind of coffee mug which keeps your coffee (or whichever drink) hot (or cold) and is usually used for traveling and drinking on-the-go, as it's supposed to be leak-proof.
Having a good quality coffee tumbler means that you will be able to carry your homemade coffee to work, or anywhere else, without worrying about it spilling in your bag, and what's even better, you will be able to have a hot cup of coffee you made an hour ago.
Of course, for things to be as perfect as they sound now, you have to be careful when shopping for your coffee tumbler. There are certain things you have to be aware of before you make the final decision, and that is precisely why I am here for.
Now, let's go through some of the most important things.
What you need to know when looking for the best coffee tumbler
- I can't stress enough how important the material is in any product. All the coffee tumblers I've used are either steel or stainless steel. Obviously, it's always better to have stainless steel, although those tumblers are more expensive than the steel ones.
- However, in the case of coffee tumblers, the most important thing is the distinctive layer that secures insulation and temperature retention. A good quality coffee tumbler should have at least one protective layer on the inside, although some have double walls.
- Of course, the best coffee tumbler must have an airtight vacuum lid to ensure no leaks. You need to be careful when shopping for your tumbler because people often assume that every coffee tumbler must be leak-proof - because that is their primary function.
- However, some manufacturers take advantage of this and don't put much effort into making a good-quality lid to provide zero leaks for their customers. That is why I always put extra time into research. Of course, you don't have to because you have me to do it for you! 🙂
3. Additional features
- In many cases, the competition is fierce, and the smallest of details can help you make the final decision. When you are looking for the best coffee tumbler on the market, there will be some slight advantages that will make you go the other way.
- I'm talking about things such as handles or straws that come with the coffee tumbler. These features can make your life easier, so why not have the best you possibly can?
- Another thing worth mentioning is the warranty. Although it is unusual for coffee tumblers to have any warranty, some companies offer it, and that can be the thing that sets that tumbler from the rest of them.
- I know it's always nice to have a sleek-looking item in your possession, especially when it is something you will keep on your desk and carry around with you. As well as the pure aesthetics of your coffee tumbler, you surely want it to last longer and keep the same color and shape without anything breaking, fading, scratching or malfunctioning.
- That is why I pay attention to the design - because we all want our coffee tumbler to look fancy and stylish; but also to the kind of finish the material has. More specifically, coffee tumblers that have a powder finish last longer and they can't scratch or change color.
- Not much depends on the practicality of your coffee tumbler, but it is a significant feature as you will probably use it quite often - it's coffee after all! I want to mention a couple of things that could potentially be the deal-breaker for you.
- Some coffee tumblers have a non-sweat finish, so if you are holding a steaming cup of coffee, your hand won't get all hot and sweaty. This is a nice feature that many people would want their tumbler to have, and if you are one of them, pay close attention to this.
- Another thing worth mentioning is the washing. As coffee is a drink that is popularly consumed every single day (usually more than once) and is quite strong in scent and taste, you would need to wash it daily. As many of you are busy and don't have time for anything that wastes your time for no reason, you might dislike the coffee tumblers that are not dishwasher safe. Some of them, you can wash only by hand, and I know many of you might find this to be a problem.
Most Recommended coffee tumblers: Detailed Reviews 2019
Now that you got all the necessary information covered let's hop into some of the best coffee tumblers I have tried myself, and get some quick reviews that might help you make the final decision.
This coffee tumbler by Hydro Flask is made of steel, but not stainless steel, which I think is a downgrade compared to others. However, that doesn't affect the product that much - you just need to be more careful and wash it more often.
What's fantastic about the Hydro Flask coffee tumbler is that it has a vacuum insulated "TempShield Insulation," the innovative technology that helps your beverage of choice maintain its desired temperature. It also has double walls, which is another excellent addition for temperature retention.
Although the manufacturer claims this tumbler can keep cold drinks cold up to 24 hours, and hot beverages hot up to 6 hours, I personally haven't tested this feature because let's be honest, who waits 6 hours to drink their coffee?
The lid itself is press-in, and therefore spill-resistant. It is insulated and stays upon the rim of the tumbler, avoiding any dripping or cleaning. The lid's purpose is also to keep ice from melting (if your beverage is cold) and to keep your hot drinks steaming.
There are sadly no additional features to this coffee tumbler, such as some straws or a handle for more comfortable holding. There isn't any warranty for this cup as well, which isn't too surprising. However, the whole package might be weaker because of these lacking additions.
What I loved about this coffee tumbler is that it has a powder coat, which, except affecting the design and its longevity, also helps you have a slip-free grip. The design itself is sleek and thin, but the best thing about it for me is probably the color choice, as you have many beautiful colors to choose from.
Unfortunately, this tumbler isn't dishwasher safe, so you will have to wash it by hand. However, all in all, I think this tumbler is quite satisfying.
Yeti is a quite popular brand, and people often seem to go for it when it comes to coffee tumblers, so I decided to give it a try, and here are my impressions of it.
First thing's first, the material of this Yeti coffee tumbler is stainless steel. This is good because it won't corrode or leave stains and generally is higher in quality compared to regular steel.
The lid has been a river of mixed feelings for me. On the one hand, it is shatter-free and dishwasher safe, as well as see-through so you can track the amount of beverage left.
On the other hand, the most essential feature that you should have is lacking - this tumbler is not leak-free and airtight. I was surprised that the opening on the top doesn't close, so if it turns over your drink would easily spill. This was a big disappointment for me.
There isn't any additional equipment that comes with the tumbler, although you can buy it separately. There also isn't a warranty, so if you ever have a problem with your cup, you couldn't return it.
The design itself is quite simple - there are no colors, only the stainless steel material color. The good thing is that there is a non-sweat addition to make sure your hands stay dry. Another thing worth mentioning is that this coffee tumbler is dishwasher safe, so you can use it over and over again, all while washing it in the dishwasher as a practicality perk.
The BEAST coffee tumbler from Greens Steel exceeded my expectations. As it's made of stainless steel, that would be an advantage by itself. But, the manufacturer used a premium-quality food grade stainless steel to ensure complete satisfaction with the quality.
The excellent thing about this cup is its temperature retention and insulation. The BEAST tumbler is vacuum insulated and double-walled to ensure insulation for your hot and cold beverages while protecting you and your drink from those accidental spills.
The lid itself is leak-proof and shatter-proof, but most importantly it locks in tightly, so you don't have to worry about your lid failing. Another thing you might be fond of is that the lid is crystal clear so that you can keep track of your drink. I dropped it accidentally a couple of times when the cup was half-full, and nothing happened - no leaks or damage done to the cup.
Now, the thing that blew my mind - additional equipment that comes with the BEAST is incredible. You get two unbreakable steel straws and a cleaning brush to make sure you can clean your straws to perfection. However, the party doesn't stop there. The manufacturer offers a lifetime guarantee. You must be amazed!
I am a big fan of this design. Some parts remained stainless steel, but the majority of the tumbler is colored and has a long-lasting powder coating so that it can keep the stylish finish without rust or scratches. You can also choose from a variety of colors.
Last, but not the least, the practicality of this tumbler is up to standard: it has a non-sweat grip, and it's also dishwasher safe.
In my opinion, the value you get for the price is unbeatable, and that's why I am using this exact tumbler right now, and don't plan on stopping any time soon.
The stainless steel coffee tumbler by Chillout Life was a pleasant surprise for me. This mug has high-tech insulation to prevent heat transfer from the inside to the outer walls.
There is also the double wall vacuum that ensures temperature retention, so your cold drink can be chilled for up to 24 hours, and your hot beverage will remain steaming for up to 8 hours. Again, I must say that I haven't tested this feature because I never wait that long until I drink my coffee.
The sliding lid is crystal clear and allegedly leak-proof. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't that great with the lid, as I noticed minor leaks. The positive thing about it is that I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a new lid that worked without problems, so that's a big plus for the company.
You don't get any additional features with this coffee tumbler, but you do have a warranty. The manufacturer guarantees your satisfaction, and if you have any problems, they will quickly replace it or return your money so that you can purchase this item without risk.
The practicality isn't a wow - factor. Although there is the sweat-free factor to prevent condensation on the outside, the tumbler is suitable for hand washing only.
I love the design - the cup is colorful, and you have a few color choices. The tumbler also has a powder coat finish which ensures longevity but also gives you a non-slip grip feature.
This coffee tumbler by Atlin Sports is a force to be reckoned with. It's made of 100% stainless steel and has two layers of insulation to ensure temperature retention of your favorite drink, no matter the outside climate.
The lid is transparent and weatherproof so that you can keep an eye on the condition of your remaining beverage. What's interesting is that you actually get two lids, one being the above-mentioned transparent one, and the other being a snap-lock lid to ensure leak-proof transport. So, whichever your needs are, you have an adequate lid for it.
The coffee tumbler comes with a portable handle which you can put on whenever you need it, but also take it off with ease. There are also a steel straw and a straw cleaning brush included. These additional features can really help you a lot, and that's why most people go for cups like these.
The design is simple, but still sleek-looking. However, the finish isn't powdered, so this tumbler can easily get scratched, and I don't think the longevity of the color is satisfying. There also isn't a non-sweat feature so if you have problems with sweaty hands, or are easily irritated by it; you might want to look the other way.
What's great about this coffee tumbler is that it's entirely dishwasher safe, which can be a massive bonus if you plan on using it often. Another thing worth mentioning is the lifetime warranty that comes with the tumbler. However, be careful - you have to register for it within 14 days of purchase, or otherwise, you have no warranty at all.
And the best coffee tumbler is….
The competition was fierce, but I have to go with the BEAST coffee tumbler.
There were so many factors included, but as I had the opportunity to try all of them out, I came to the conclusion that the BEAST doesn't have any apparent flaws.
Whatever I needed and wanted my coffee tumbler to have, the BEAST provided. I wholeheartedly recommend it to you guys as well, and I hope you found any of these reviews helpful.
If you have any questions or you want to talk some more about this topic, feel free to contact me anytime. I hope you're all enjoying your day! 🙂