Best 2-Burner Gas Grill Reviews 2019: Top 5+ Recommended
If you’re looking for a perfect grill and you want to make a perfect barbecue, invest in a 2-burner grill. Today, I review the best ones on the market!
You have the whole family together for a nice barbeque, you want to serve smoked salmon, and fried ribs together with some grilled vegetables and everything seems fine.
But, by the time you’re done with the salmon, the ribs have gone cold already, and no one wants them. Or, the ribs are eaten up, and no one wants the salmon. Sometimes I hate my family.
Well, a 2-burner gas grill can make it all go away. With two burners you can cook two types of meat at once at different temperatures, or just cook a huge amount of meat to satisfy everyone!
Finding the best 2-burner gas grill can be difficult, however, but that’s why I’m here to help!
Here’s how to find the one you want and some of my thoughts on the top products on the market right now.
What’s a 2-Burner Gas Grill and Why You Need it
Simply put, a 2-burner gas grill is a gas grill that has two burners. But, as you might guess, it’s a bit more complicated than just that. Sticking an extra burner on a regular gas grill would not make it the product you want.
The main thing about two-burner grills is that they give you tons of space for grilling meat and they are able to heat up incredibly quickly, allowing you to start grilling the meat straight away.
Moreover, the temperature is much easier to control, and some even allow you to cook meat at two different temperatures at once.
Overall, they’re a more powerful, more versatile version of a normal gas grill. They’re not your regular tailgate grill, that’s for sure! If you are looking for a tailgate grill, though, we’ve prepared some lovely options for you right here! Check out our top 5 tailgate grills right now!
However, they do take up more space and spend significantly more gas, so be sure that you need one before you buy it! Otherwise, you might be in for a bit of trouble.
How to Pick the Best 2-Burner Gas Grill
If you’ve never both a gas grill, let alone a 2-burner gas grill, you’re going to be in for a tough time if you go out trying to find the right one. You’ll probably end up with something useless unless you know all the ins and outs.
That’s why I’m here to give you all the info you need to know – so let’s get started!
1. Check Out the Materials
- The materials that the grill is made out of are incredibly important, and you want them to be top-notch. If they’re not, your grill might not perform the way you want it to or last as long as it should.
- Stainless steel and porcelain are some of the best materials around, especially if they’re coated for extra resistance. Aluminum will do as well, but it’s definitely a step down from stainless steel.
- Try to avoid products made out of regular steel or some unknown variety of steel – those are probably cheap and less reliable. You don’t want the grates to fall apart while you’re flipping burgers!
- The material used to make the grates is also important. Stainless steel is definitely easier to clean, and they cool down faster. However, cast-iron grates are better at holding heat, which is a great plus, but only if you can constantly clean them to avoid rust. There are also porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates, which are probably the best since they hold heat well and avoid rust.
When you’re making a barbeque, you want to serve your guests the best possible meat, and we have you covered with our reviews of the 5 best frozen burgers!
2. Look at the Size
- The right size depends on your needs and the space you have available to you. If you’re regularly grilling food for a ton of people, you’re probably going to want a grill with a huge cooking surface that takes up a lot of space.
- While having enough room for your grill on the patio or in the yard is usually not a problem, you should also consider how much storage space you have available. You’re not going to get much use out of your grill if it just stays outside and rusts away.
3. What are the Grates Like?
- The heavier your grills are, the better. That makes them more durable and more heat-absorbent, allowing them to keep their heat even if you turn the burners off, thus saving you gas.
- Thicker grates also allow you to cook meat on lower temperatures since they retain heat better.
- Also, check what’s the space between the grates – you don’t want it to be too wide. If it is, you’re going to end up struggling if you want to grill smaller pieces of meat, like chicken breasts. Some might even fall through them, and that always makes a mess.
If you want to know how to get the most out of your chicken breasts, take a look at our recipe for amazing grilled chicken breasts with veggies and rice!
4. Useful Extra Features
- There are many different extra features that a grill can have. Some of them are certainly useful, while others are just window-dressing meant to increase the perceived value of the product.
- The most useful features that you want to have are probably stuff like in-built food thermometers, foldable legs, extra grates with a different shape and so on.
- Stuff like that genuinely increases the value of your grill. A good rule of thumb is asking yourself “will I use this feature of the grill regularly?” and if you won’t, it’s probably not genuinely valuable.
Most Recommended 2-Burner Gas Grills: Detailed Reviews 2019
For the price, this is simply a magnificent grill. It’s made out of durable materials, and the porcelain-coated steel lid does a great job of protecting it properly.
Besides the two main burners, it also has a third burner on the side, with an additional cooking space. This allows you to cook sauces or soups while the meat is getting ready, saving you precious time. You can also use it to cook more meat.
The cooking surface is around 280 square inches which is not huge, but not too bad for such a compact grill.
So, what’s the main problem with it? It’s the hellish assembly. For a start, the instructions are less than useless – they might even make you do wrong things – and there are so many parts.
It will probably take at least a day or two of hard work to assemble it properly.
Besides that, there’s also the problem of the heat not being too high. It can probably reach around 600 degrees Fahrenheit, but not much more than that.
The main thing this grill has going for it is power, and it certainly has plenty of that. The two burners it has provide a total of 24,000 BTUs.
It’s also definitely made to last, with porcelain-coated steel cooking grids, a porcelain heat plate, stainless steel burners, chrome plated warming racks and so on.
Oh, yes, it also has warming racks, so you can keep one portion of meat warm while you grill the other – nothing goes cold.
There’s a ton of cooking space as well as extra space on the warming rack and the side shelves.
While the foldable side shelves are great, don’t put anything too heavy or valuable on them. Even with a medium amount of weight they sometimes just fold out of nowhere, and your stuff falls on the ground.
Despite those parts being foldable, this remains quite a bulky grill, and it’s difficult to find a place where to put it. If you’re not sure that you can store it, you should pass on it.
For the price, this grill delivers amazing power and has a ton of cooking space - a total of 320 square inches, to be exact. Besides that, there’s also a warming rack with a surface of 96 square inches.
The power is also good, and the two burners provide a total of 24,000 BTUs – more than enough to cook anything you might want.
The outside also features a basket and a bottle opener – not incredibly features, but certainly useful from time to time. I forget my bottle opener all the time.
While it’s a good grill overall, it doesn’t seem to be durable enough. Multiple people noticed dents when they received it, and it’s likely that it will get dented when you use it.
Also, the product info claims that the side shelves are foldable – they are not unless you want to take out the bolts that keep them in place. Keep that in mind when buying it, since it takes up much more space than it would if the shelves were foldable.
For the price, this grill has a surprising amount of power and cooking space. With its two burners, it can output a total of 30,000 BTUs and reach incredible temperatures in a flash.
The huge amount of cooking space is also greatly appreciated – a total of 430 square inches. It’s impressive for a grill that’s not too large.
Another great point is the grills – they hold heat incredibly well, though I have no idea what they’re made out of.
However, besides them, the rest of the grill is made out of poor materials. Most parts are made out of flimsy aluminum, and that’s why the price was so good, I guess. Still, it holds up well, but it won’t stay that way for long.
Another sore point is the omission of a warming rack. You might not need it with such a huge cooking surface, but it would still be nice.
If you’re looking for a compact grill, this is definitely the one you should get.
Even when it’s set up, it doesn’t take up a lot of space – but in storage, it takes up even less. The foldable legs are a godsend, and it’s so easy to transport and store because of that while setting it up or taking it down is lightning fast.
While it is small and a bit flimsy-looking, it has proven to be as durable as larger, more impressive-looking grills, owing to the stainless steel construction.
The amount of power it can output is also surprising for such a small grill – around 20,000 BTUs with both burners on. The grills also hold heat rather well.
However, because it is so compact, the cooking space is also limited – around 266 square inches overall. Not terrible, but certainly smaller than most.
The lack of any additional features also hurts it. Sure, it’s difficult to pack a warming rack or extra shelves in such a small, foldable frame, but a few extra inches here or there would be a worthwhile sacrifice in order to include those features.
The Winner is…
Picking the correct grill is a tough business – you have to know exactly what you’re looking for before you even start shopping. Even a grill that seems great might be the wrong one for you.
So, I can’t claim that this will be the best grill for everyone, but my pick is definitely the Royal Gourmet 2-Burner Patio Propane Gas Grill. The power and size it offers for the price are just amazing, and while it does have some durability issues, if you take care of it properly, it will perform amazingly.
But, that might not be your favorite – you can tell me which one is your favorite down in the comments! If you have any questions or suggestions, I’m also open to that, so don’t be afraid to pop in down there!
Thank you for reading, and I’ll see you next time. 🙂